Friday 24 September 2010

Tidbits

Other things I did while in London...

- Waited in line at a ridiculously early hour to get a cheap seat for Wicked. SO worth it. It was fantastic. The guy in line in front of me had actually seen it 32 times, which I thought was a bit ridiculous, when the cheapest tickets you can get are 25 quid...That was, until he said his lady friend had seen it 220 times.

- Attended a hot yoga class with my sister's old flat mate. Don't think I've ever sweated that much in my life. 

- Made peace with the leggy spider that lived above the bathroom sink (see below). Even named him to keep myself from smooshing him with my boot. Leggy McGee. 


- Ordered dirty chinese take out from New Bamboo, as recommended by my sister. The vegetarian alternative to chicken balls, so essentially deep fried mushrooms and other vegetables in the same dough as a chicken ball. And some Monks vegetables, which included bamboo shoots, onions, mushrooms, etc. 


- Discovered thinly sliced bread. I'm not a huge fan of texas toast, but its quite hard to find nice thin bread in Canada. Here, however, its quite popular.


- Mistakenly stumbled into a snooty part of town, and decided to snap some pictures of the snazzy flats. 


- Devoured a cheap and delicious meal at a Thai place called Tuktuk, recommended by my sister and her flat mate. The following picture is only the entrees (green curry, pad thai, and tofu in black bean sauce). Before that there was tempura vegetables, crispy seaweed, and tofu skewers. Needless to say, I didn't need to eat at all the next day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment