Sunday 17 October 2010

Speaking Of Cream....

Sam decided to make crepes as well so we both had them for dessert tonight. 


Sam had heated strawberries and raspberries with whipped double cream, dusted with icing sugar. 


She also made pecan puff cookies, which is the little guy up in the left corner (and they were deliciously buttery.)


I couldn't decide what to put in mine so I put cream cheese all over and strawberry jam on one side and lemon curd on the other, then topped with whipped double cream. I have to say, I am thoroughly enjoying the varieties of cream available, having used single cream in a few soups (and it gave a lovely, thick texture), double cream in desserts, and clotted cream on... (you guessed it) scones! I think I'll try whipping the cream cheese on its own next time, and skip the double cream, because it was really the cheese that gave it the flavor. 


I wrapped mine up and sprinkled it with 90% dark chocolate flakes. It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment