Tuesday 7 December 2010

Chaucer Cafe Christmas Lunch

Sam and I got an email a while ago about one of the cafes at school offering a special Christmas lunch this week so we decided to go and experience a typical British holiday meal. We each got a different dessert to try, too. 


My meal...


The main dish was Roast Norfolk turkey with Nottingham sausage and bacon, cranberry and leek stuffing, herb roasted potatoes, brussels sprouts, buttered carrots, honey baked parsnips, and turkey gravy. I discovered I don't really mind brussels sprouts. Strange, I know. Also, I have a newfound love of turkey and cranberry and a continued love of parsnips. 


My dessert was proper Christmas pudding with brandy sauce - first time I've ever tried it. Was quite tasty. 


Sam chose the caramelized apple flan with vanilla cream. 


This was her meal. 

Needless to say, we both devoured our meals, feeling quite stuffed afterwards. It was amazing. Lunch cost 3.70 and dessert 1.80, not too bad. 

Next lunch on my list to try is a sandwich at Bocca, which is right on campus, where they make stilton, bacon, and cranberry baguettes. Odd mix but I've decided I need to try stilton while I'm here so thought it might as well be something interesting. 
 

2 comments: