Saturday 11 December 2010

Walking Through the Lady Bay

Decided to walk back into town from a friends place, which is south from the city centre, while my place is north-west of it. The weather was so nice for once, I strolled along and took a couple pictures of the scenery, then stopped off in the city to shop.


The view from the Trent Bridge. 




Welcome to Nottingham!


I had been shopping in the city for a few hours and given that I had been (oddly) craving mushy peas and chips for the last week, I stopped off in the market square to pick some up. They put salt, vinegar AND THEN the mushy peas on top. Looks radioactive. Tastes great. I'm officially a dirty Brit. 

(I also tried roasted chestnuts at the market a few days before and loved them! They make your mouth feel strangely dry almost but have a lovely flavor. Bit of a bugger to break em apart though when its cold outside and your hands are freezing.)

3 comments:

  1. ewwww gross! where is the real Aleida - check the garden for pods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your finger away from the camera lens WOMAN! :P

    Mmm mushy peas. Om nom nom. Let's go for Indian food when I visit. Yes? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know i know!! i'm terrible at sticking my finger in front of the camera.

    and yes, we will definitely go for indian food. and gbk too. maybe i'll try making mushy peas as well.

    ReplyDelete