Sunday 12 December 2010

I Want a Red Ryder Carbine-Action, Two Hundred Shot Range Model Air Rifle

Now that I am out of classes for the winter break, I've had a bit of excess time on my hands...some of which has been allotted to productively lowering my workload, while an excess of it has been spent shopping. Much of this shopping has really just been me, wandering into various shops or perusing online websites and oogling pretty things I hope to one day acquire, but I thought I would share some of the lovely things I've happened upon (some of which, I actually have managed to purchase!)

- Blue Chair apron - Happened across this when I was reading a blog of someone else's Christmas wish list and as I have always wanted a proper apron of my own, I thought this one would be perfect. Just imagine it with pearls, a flouncy dress and heels..
- Choose Your Own Simply Print - A blog I love, called Simply Breakfast (which I'll post about later), offers you the choice of any image from the blog to turn into a print. Here are my favorites - yoghurt and blueberries , oats and apricot jam, and oats and apples.) 
- Yoghurt makers - I eat a rather large amount of yoghurt and would love to make my own yoghurt making machine. I just haven't managed to do any research into how they work or which one would be best... so any recommendations are welcome!
- Jack Wills Cable Sweater - Ridiculously overpriced but somewhat of an iconic love or hate brand that after having researched it for a project, I have developed a soft spot for. I also hate to admit it (as it seems these are associated with chav-y wannabes throughout the UK) but I quite like their sherpa-lined gilets too. 

In order to prepare myself for two weeks of Christmas weather in Lancaster, I needed to do some actual purchasing of warm and functional clothing. This is what I came out with...

- Original Hunter wellies in Navy
- Chunky New Look socks for under said wellies
- Beige Gap jumper 
- Plain black tank for under said jumper
- Navy Primark "extra chunky extra long" (their words) scarf
- Dark grey Gap peacoat
- Floppy light grey Bhs hat
- Light grey Dorothy Perkins mittens

I can now officially say I look like I fit in in England - basic greys and navys, chunky knits, and a pair of wellies. Apparently my Canadian wardrobe was insufficiently warm for the slushy, sloppy English Christmas... 

No comments:

Post a Comment